Rule #1A: MWAP only works if you play Mafia Wars on FACEBOOK. Other websites, such as Myspace, are NOT supported.
Rule #1B: MWAP only works if you play Mafia Wars in English. Other languages are not supported. The setting for this is found here: Facebook Application Settings in the lower left hand corner.
Rule #2: Read the . Don't be lazy. Another user just like you took the time to put together most everything to get you started, take the time to educate yourself. You won't lose that much play time.
Rule #3: Look through the FAQ to see if your problem or question has been addressed here. It probably has. If not then use the forum Greasy Vinnie Two Chins; and trust me, you don't want that. function. Don't post the same question that has been answered 20 times already. If you do, you just might get a visit from
Not necessarily a rule, but a bit of advice. Make sure you are running the latest official release of Firefox up to date as well. If you are adventurous and want to try out the latest , do so at your own risk. It contains the latest features and possibly some fixes but some things may also be broken. It is still being tested, that is why it is beta, so don't cry if you can't make it work. If you would like to see a brief description of the latest build's particular changes, check out the source list at the Google Code site.. Keep your
- How can I contribute?
There are several ways you can help the MWAP team:
- Be active on the forums. Contribute ideas, give insight and answer other users questions when you are able. We are all volunteers here so any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
- If you have the skills, submit new code or changes to improve the functionality of the script. To do so, please post in the Suggestions forum. Include a short description of what it does as well as the actual code itself, wrapped in code tags. (See below for how to use code tags) A developer will take a look at your submission and contact you with what to do next.
- Fork over some of your hard earned cash. Funds collected via the Donate button will be used for website upkeep and expenses. We don't pay our developers, by the way. We just try to give them a nice site on which to present their hard work. They rarely get to see it, though, as we usually keep them chained in the basement to keep their noses to the grindstone.
- What does it mean when you say to turn on debug and post my settings?
The debugging log shows what is going on behind the scenes while the MWAP is automating the game for you. It also contains your current settings. ***Depending on what version you are running, there may be a debug link at the top of your Log box. If not follow #1.
- Turn on debug by the following procedure:
- Right click the monkey in the lower right hand corner of Firefox. (must be on MW page with MWAP enabled)
- Hover cursor over User Script Commands.
- Click on FB Mafia Wars Autoplayer – Turn Debugging Log On/Off
- Post the following things when asked.
- Your settings dump. This is everything between < < <Begin Settings Dump> > > and < < <End Settings Dump> > > Just copy and paste the whole thing.
- A portion of your log detailing the events that are relevant to your problem. We don't need the whole log. Please put the log in a
- Code: Select all
- Turn on debug by the following procedure:
- Why do I have to put my links and emails in code?
- transparency, I can create a clickable link saying it is google.com yet it actually takes you somewhere else*
- traceability - clicked links leave a trail, it's nobodies business where you came from.*
- bots and spammers troll forums looking for live links and especially email addys. Do you want them spamming you? Didn't think so.
- because it says so in the guidelines/rules that you agreed to before you created your account here. Didn't read them? Do it now: Guidelines!
- How do I put my log/settings dump inside one of those nifty code boxes?
You have two options, one is to hit the code button (above the box you will typing in) which will bring up the set of code tags. Paste your log in between those tags. The other is to type the BBCode manually:
- Code: Select all
[code] paste log (or links/emails) here [/code]
- How do I install this thing?
- How do I uninstall this thing?
- Right click the monkeyface.
- choose Manage User Scripts
- Highlight the autoplayer in the list of scripts
- check the "Also uninstall associated preferences" box
- click uninstall
- When I tried to install the autoplayer I just got a page of code and nothing happened. What went wrong?
You either have not installed Greasemonkey or it is not turned on. Do you see a little monkey face towards the lower right corner of Firefox? No? Then go install it and restart Firefox. If you see it but it is gray and not in color, then it is disabled. Click on it and it will turn on. Try your MWAP install again.
- I've installed the autoplayer but nothing is happening. What should I do?
Start by reading the instructions. Then click the SETTINGS button at the top of the page and configure the player to do what you want it to. Save your settings and then click RESUME.
- I don't have a settings button. Why?
You have either not installed MWAP correctly or it is disabled. Right click the monkey and you should see a list of scripts that are installed for that page. (You have to be on a Mafia Wars page to see the MWAP in the list) When you see it, there should be a check mark in front of it indicating that it is enabled. No check mark? Click it to turn it on. Then refresh the page and you should see the settings button, among others.
- I've updated my script and the settings screen is now blank? What should I do?
Right click the greasemonkey icon>>Go to user script commands>>click 'clear saved values'>>Refresh
- Why doesn't the autoplayer “collect my reward” when I help my mafia in fights or find loot for them?
That message that you see is just a courtesy notification. The XP were already awarded automatically by Zynga.
- I have it set to fight random mafia so why does MWAP keep attacking the same player multiple times?
If you have “use fight stealth” checked then the AP checks to see if it attacked someone who is inactive or in the hospital. If they are, they receive no updates that they are being attacked so they are easy pickings.
- I have my stamina reserve set to 0%. Why does it always leave one point unused?
CharlesD wrote:Stealth mode needs there to be at least one stamina left after a fight. If you turn of stealth mode then it will use it all.
- I've just added auto player, but when i opened to change setting & try to close the setting box a pop up saying "Please enter a fight level of xxx (your current level) or more for fighting." Where can i enter this?
On the Stamina tab, at the top you will see where it says "spend stamina to:" and then a dropdown menu. Choose "Fight random oponents" Then you will see the following:
You can either choose to enter your level or select a number and check the add to my level box. I suggest the minimum for this number be no lower than 20 to 25. The higher the number, the more likely MWAP will be able to find a target. If you find that you are losing too much, then lower the number of max mafia you are willing to fight.
- Does the autoplayer give help on jobs when my mafia asks?
There are other scripts that will scrape the news feed on the Facebook homepage and give help when possible. There are two on the userscripts.org site which seem to be popular among MWAP users.
- My log shows that the AP went to fight, but it doesn't fight anybody. It keeps repeating “No opponents. Going to fight list.” What's wrong?
Your settings are probably too restrictive and are preventing MWAP from finding a suitable target. If the max level is set to your current level, the fight lists probably aren't providing a match. Try setting it to 20 or greater and check “add to my level.” Lower the max mafia size if you start losing too much. Before changing anything, why don't you turn on debugging to find out exactly why each displayed opponent in the list was ruled out.
- When nothing is happening, MWAP seems to rest on the properties page. Why doesn't it go to the home page?
If you have auto-repair and/or auto-protect selected, it goes there to keep an eye on your property status.
- I saw in my log that I got hitlisted. After a while I noticed that I was getting 0 XP even though I was winning and MWAP was autohealing. Is that a bug and how do I make it stop?
Zynga caps the max XP you can gain during a hitlist ride at 50. On the hitlist tab of the settings, there is a box that says summarize attacks. If you check that box, the AP will stop autohealing once you start getting 0 XP and allow you to die. It will turn autoheal back on afterwards.
- I saw that I was attacked in the player updates window, but they don't show up in my log. Is that a bug?
No. If you have summarize attacks checked, it only posts to the log when you get killed on the hitlist. Normal fight list attacks do not get transferred to the log in this case.
- My log said that I got XX amount of points from a hitlist ride but you said the cap was 50. What's the reason for that?
If summarize attacks is checked it only posts to the log when you get killed. It is possible that you were attacked many times from the regular fight list and you won. All of the XP you gained from those will be added to what you won from the hitlist.
- What does it mean when the log shows “Police investigation.... moving on quietly?”
A robbery attempt has been made on a property that is already at 30% health and cannot be robbed any more. This is also displayed if the person being robbed has no casinos. The message itself is a reference to the picture of the cop and the police tape you would see if you made the attempt manually.
- It stopped doing jobs and everything else. My log just keeps repeating the same three messages over and over: You don't have the items necessary to do XXX --> Getting job requirements. --> Attempting to purchase required items. I thought that MWAP was supposed to buy things automatically?
It does, but it doesn't withdraw from the bank. You have to have a sufficient amount of cash on hand.
- What happened to the Repeat Job check box on the Energy tab?
It has been replaced by the "Perform any combination of jobs" box. Just check the box and then only pick one job. It will repeat them.
- What happened to the Wheelman setting on the Energy tab?
MWAP automatically gets this information now. Sometimes you may see a message in your log asking if your Wheelman has been set correctly. This can be safely ignored and is just a small bug that causes MWAP to try the job one extra time after you have less than the required amount of energy.
- I have auto-buy checked and properties selected so why doesn't it buy anything?
There are two possible reasons. 1. You have to have sufficient cash on hand as MWAP doesn't auto-withdraw. 2. Sometimes you may need to jump start auto-buy by simply visiting the property page.
- I have to collect my take every three hours in NY in order to get paid. How can I make the autoplayer do this?
Currently there are no dedicated settings for this in MWAP, but it is on the list of things to be done. For the time being, turn on "repair properties" on the properties page. When the script goes there to check on the health of your buildings, it will collect your take.
- I think Zynga may have caught us! This message keeps popping up: "Your request was not processed because you were performing actions too quickly; please limit the rate at which you are making requests and try again. If you feel you have received this message in error please contact our customer support." Is this going to get my account banned?
Don't worry about this message. You can get it when playing manually if you click the buttons too fast. It happens all the time when hunting on the hitlist and you hit the "attack again" button while the revolver is spinning.
- Why do I sometimes see a chicken icon and player ID instead of a player's name?
From Tanlis:Some players have changed their names so that it didn't show up when you attacked someone, there was no link to click for their profile and so you could retaliate.
We added some code that looks at the name and if it matches a certain pattern, then it displays the chicken head and their FaceBook id.
and CharlesD:I figured that players that blank out their names to try to prevent other players from hitting them back were being chickens (wimpy), to put it mildly. So that's why they are named that. A bit of humor and shaming wrapped in one. Another suggested term was "ninja", but I thought that was too nice, perhaps even a compliment.
There is a Zynga bug which sometimes causes a valid name to show as a chicken. Read about that here:Chicken 1241885545
- How does the auto-energy pack feature work?
When enabled with a proper ratio set, the energy pack will fire when you only have 1 or 2 energy points left. It uses the ratio you provide so as to not waste any of it. If you look on your MW home page when you have an energy pack available, you should see the following information: XP from Energy Pack = X, Projected XP needed = Y.
- X= (your max energy) * 1.25 * (your energy pack ratio).
- Y= (XP needed to level) - ((stamina remaining) * (gain rate))
If X > Y The e-pack WILL NOT FIRE.
Typically, you set the ratio as follows. If you have MWAP set to repeat a job, use that job's ROI. If it is mastering a tier, use a rough average of that tier's ROI.
- Note for high energy characters: You may have to set your ratio significantly lower thereby wasting some of your e-pack or else it will never fire. This ratio can be figured out with a little trial and error as long as you have a pack waiting. Just check the info on the home page each time you set and save a ratio. When X < Y, the pack should fire. There are a few variables that cannot be accounted for however, such as 0 energy wheelman bonuses, extra XP mastermind bonuses, job help bonuses, etc, etc...
Still haven't read the ? Please do.